Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Newcastle Fashion Week

Last weekend saw the return of Newcastle Fashion Week and my friends and I went along. We were just hanging about waiting for the show to start, thinking we were going to watch standing behind the row of 'reserved' seats, when we were told we could take a seat! We saw the 'Work It' show that featured outfits to wear to work from brands like Warehouse, Marks and Spencers, Primark, Moda in Pelle and John Lewis. The beautiful models from Boho model agency walked to songs by the likes of Katy Perry, Cheryl Cole and Rihanna and Coldplay amongst others. Their make up was done by Benefit and hair by Y Salon.









Warehouse

The first part of the show showed outfits by Warehouse, my favorite look being the coral blazer and short suit. I love the colour and think the whole look is so fresh and summery. I also love the black dress in the final photo. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know I'm a massive fan of black clothing and think this dress is lush.
 
Marks and Spencers



Primark


I was quite impressed at what Primark had to offer-I do love the black peplum blouse shown in the bottom left photograph. I think it looks so similar, style wise, to the cream Zara one I've seen on many a blog, but only a fraction of the price! I also love the floral dress shown in the second from right photograph on the bottom row. It looks so versatile and like it could adapt to this unpredictable weather we're having at the moment!





 Moda in Pelle

John Lewis

The final part of the show featured outfits from John Lewis. My favorite dress has got to be the red shift dress. I love the cut and the colour is perfect for summer-it's so vibrant!


Earlier that day was a show that featured outfits made by the fashion students at Newcastle College. Unfortunately I didn't photograph any of those looks but there were some gorgeous dresses! There are some photos took by the official photographer on their Facebook page. 


On the Sunday was the Barbour Catwalk presented by Brix Smith-Start. My friends and I hung around a bit and actually got to meet Brix and get a photo. She was so nice and called my friend a beautiful medieval princess! She said that she is currently filming a new TV show but can't say anything as it is top secret! As she is a buyer, I decided to ask her a bit about it. Brix told me that it is 3/4 scientific and 1/4 creative. It is scientific as you really have to know who shops where you are buying for and be aware of their age/body shape etc.


Did any of you go to NFW/are going to any events that are happening over the next few days? Hope you are having a good week!

Beth
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. wow love the styles and of course every one looks so perfect.

    i would love for you to check out my blog as well!

    Figure of Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. That so cool you got to meet brix! I think she is amazing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hy doll! lovely post! what do u say about following each other?:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun. I have to agree with you that Warehouse coral short suit is amazing. I would love to own that! My mum is from Newcastle but I live in NYC, would've loved to go to this though as it looks like a great event.

    Your friend's flower headband is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, I recently moved to Scotland and didn't even realise this existed, maybe I'll make it next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these pictures Beth, you must have been so close! The Warehouse collection is my favourite even though I never bother going in there-that coral short suit is summer perfection! The brown bag on the top left is gorgeous too. Oooh you met Brix, i can never decide if she's really cool or really annoying haha-she sounds cool here though! Bet buying is so interesting! You and your friends look amazing aswell, your dress is so summery I love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete